Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Books, Steps and Walks


Sailor made a new discovery: Library books! I always keep my books in the bottom section of my nightstand. The good thing is that it's easy access for reading material, the bad - it's open and accessible to puppy teeth. After he chewed the corners of two books (I naively thought he would leave them alone), I had to take them all out and now store them on the dresser across the room which is super attractive!

I am already out the cost of my reading light which won't work after he got a hold of the cord. The books weren't too badly chewed, so I turned them in and hope that I don't have to pay for cost of replacing them.

He is still trying to learn how to navigate steps. When he does manage to take on a few, he looks so funny as he slinks over them like a Caterpillar. Osa is still getting a reprieve from him by running down in the basement, so the longer it takes him to learn this, the better.

We've been taking him on short walks to get him used to being on a leash and going potty on the leash. He only made it to the neighbors the first few times, and the last time by following Osa, he could go and go but he still looks nerdy with those big feet and floppy ears.

Yesterday was only the second time he was in his kennel for a lot of the day, although Nic and Randall let him out, so he was full of pee and vinegar last night. He looked like a Raptor going after prey with his jaws going and running in that funny way and couldn't keep his mouth off anything. It was too cold out (below zero) so no walk last night to get that energy out.

No comments: