Friday, May 1, 2009

BFF


It's so great that Sailor can play with other Newfies at doggy day care. This is Noah, an 11 month old Newfie and Sailor's "best friend forever". They swim and play together. He's not there every day, but Todd finally saw him on Friday morning and shares the encounter.
"Lee, Noah's dad, was dropping him off at the Canine Club at the same time I was. When I was getting Sailor out of the back of the car, I heard someone yelling, "Is that Sailor?" It seems the same way we know that Noah is his buddy, they've heard of Sailor. Noah came bounding over and they broke out in spontaneous play. It was so cute and sweet, like a couple of buddies who really like each other. Noah looks to be about 110 pounds or so and about 6 inches taller than Sailor, so I could see what Sailor will look like in August!
I also remember Karen at Canine Club telling me how cute they play and that once they were both laying on the floor like big lazy Newfies, but pushing each other with their legs in a playful way."
From the picture, I can tell that Noah has some white on him. like the "Landseer" Newfies. According to Wikipedia, the Landseer is named after the artist Sir Edwin Henry Landseer, who featured them in many of his paintings. The AKC, CKC, and KC all treat Landseer Newfies as part of the breed and others consider it only a Newfoundland color variation.


No comments: